Perfect for a cool down on a hot Texan summer’s day, these frozen drinks are full of the bright flavors of citrus. Decorated with a rim of salt or sugar and a slice of lime, this drink is delightful!
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 large Meyer lemon
- 2 limes
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- Salt or sugar and extra lime slices to decorate
- Start by combining the sugar and warm water until the sugar has dissolved, forming a really basic simple syrup.
- Next, add the syrup, the juice of the lemon and limes, the orange juice, and a few handfuls of ice to a blender.
- Blend and add ice until desired slushie texture is reached. I used about 3-4 handfuls in total.
- Rim cups in desired flavoring by dipping the edge of the glass in water and then rolling through a small bowl of salt or sugar.
- Pour the slushie mixture evenly between your glasses and add a slice of lime to the rim.