I love zucchini and pasta both, so this dish is a win-win! I also love vegetable-heavy pasta dishes for the summer, which makes this even better, if possible!
- 1 diced onion
- 1.5 lbs zucchini, sliced into small chunks
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 cup Parmesan, grated
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2/3 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lb pasta
- Start by cooking the onion and garlic in a pan with the olive oil. After about 2 minutes, add in your zucchini and continue to cook until the zucchini has just started to soften.
- Meanwhile, cook a pound of pasta al dente, following directions on the packaging. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water and set aside.
- Add the basil, red pepper, lemon zest, and salt and pepper to the vegetables and stir for another 2 minutes.
- Stir in the broth and cooking water, along with the Parmesan.
- Finally, add in and toss your pasta with the zucchini and sauce.
- Plate immediately and serve with extra Parmesan and fresh oregano if desired.