Hey guys! I’m going to get right to it, as I have an early morning flight and I still have to finish packing! This cake is delicious- it was gone within two days around my house.
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 to salt
- 1 1/2 c flour
- 2 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2/3 tbsp white vinegar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease and flour a loaf pan.
- Mix together your vinegar and milk. Set aside.
- Start by sifting together the baking powder, salt, flour, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Cream together the sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the extracts and the eggs (one at a time).
- Alternately add the flour and sour milk to the mixture, starting and ending with the dry mix.
- Separate out one third of the dough and add the cocoa powder and 1/4 hot water to this portion. Mix until smooth.
- Using the chocolate and vanilla doughs alternately, form a checkerboard pattern in your loaf pan, reversing the pattern for a second layer.
- Use a toothpick to swirl through the various layers and create the marbled effect.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.