These cookies are bright, cheerful, and a welcome splash of color in the midst of a rainy week. I love the slightly fruity flavor of these sweets!
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 sticks softened butter
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups crushed Froot Loops, and a handful of uncrushed to decorate
- Preheat an oven to 375 F.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and baking soda in a bowl and set aside.
- Cream together the sugar and butter in another bowl. Mix in the egg and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in the flour mixture. Stir in the crushed cereal and chill for half an hour.
- Spoon the dough into rounded teaspoons on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are crisped and slightly browned.
- Remove from oven and quickly press a few whole pieces of cereal into the top of each cookie. Let cool for another 5 minutes before eating.