I love the extra burst of green that fresh spinach adds to a pesto, already the perfect lighter option when it comes to a delicious pasta choice. This sauce is so easy to make and so worth the little time you’ll put into it. Ingredients:
- 1 lb pasta
- 15 leaves basil
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/4 lemon, juiced
- Zest of a lemon
- 3 cloves garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 parmesan
- Start by cooking pasta according to directions on package.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, pulse together the spinach and basil leaves until they form a paste at the bottom of the processor.
- Add in the garlic cloves and process until finely minced and combined with the greens.
- Drizzle in the lemon juice and add the lemon zest.
- Slowly pour the olive oil into the processor while pulsing until everything comes together to form your desired consistency.
- Add in the parmesan and pulse a few more times to distribute.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss with warm pasta and serve.