What’s more comforting than a warm, cheesy piece of chicken parmesan with a side of pasta? I’m pleasantly surprised at my attempt at this dish! It has a great ratio of crispy crust to cheese to tomato sauce. Yum!
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 2 cups flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 lb mozzarella
- 1/2 cup parmesan
- tomato sauce of your choosing (fresh or from the jar!)
- abt 1 cup vegetable oil for frying
- Start by pounding the chicken breasts until thin and lightly season with salt and pepper on each side
- Mix flour with some salt and pepper and place in a shallow bowl. In another bowl, combine the panko breadcrumbs with the parsley. In a third bowl, lightly beat the eggs with some more salt and pepper.
- Dredge each chicken piece in the flour, then egg, then panko breadcrumbs and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan until shimmering. Add a chicken breast, cooking until golden on each side and crisped. Repeat until all are cooked.
- Place the fried chicken on a cookie sheet. Top with a few tablespoons of the tomato sauce.
- Slice the mozzarella and grate the parmesan. Add 2-3 slices of mozzarella and a handful of parmesan to the top of each chicken breast.
- Bake in a 425 degree oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted and started to brown.
- Remove from oven and serve hot.