I love a meal with some interactivity and rice paper rolls are the perfect option to change things up a little bit. All it takes is a little food prep in advance and everyone gets the chance to customize their meal to their own personal preferences. And what could be more refreshing than a veggie-packed rice paper roll? I like to make mine with this marinated sirloin as a protein option, alongside my veggies, herbs, noodles, and dipping sauces.
For the sirloin:
- 1 lb sirloin
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tb soy sauce
- A few drops worcestershire (or a tb fish sauce)
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- Salt and pepper
- Sriracha (1/2 tsp)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
For filling:- just some ideas! feel free to mix and match fillings as desired
- rice paper
- one package of cooked rice noodles
- Start by thinly slicing your sirloin into small strips.
- Add the meat to a ziploc bag along with your lime juice, zest, minced garlic, soy sauce, worcestershire, brow sugar, salt, pepper, and sriracha.
- Mix the ingredients in the bag to ensure even flavor distribution.
- Let marinate in the refrigerator for somewhere between half an hour and 2 hours.
- Cook in a skillet with a teaspoon of sesame oil for about 3-5 minutes or until browned and only slightly pink in the middle.
- Remove from heat. Set out, along with your rice paper, and prepared fillings. Serve with dipping sauces, like sriracha, soy sauce, or peanut sauce.